Thank you for participating in this eye tracking study:
Market, survey and opinion research serves an important function in society. Businesses and governments make better decisions through survey research. As a survey participant, your opinions help companies develop new products, make existing ones better, and improve customer service. Political organizations and governments also rely on survey research to advance laws and policies that the public wants or needs.
What you need to know and agree to in order to participate:
This survey is an eye tracking study where your eye movements will be recorded via your web camera.
You understand and agree that by clicking “ALLOW” in the calibration section, you grant to EYETRACKSHOP, Inc. the right to:
a. access and turn on the web camera connected to the computer you are using, and
b. record your eyes (and your face and anything else that unintentionally may be captured by the web camera) while you are looking at the images or other stimuli (the “Content”) presented on the screen and until the web camera has been turned off.
By clicking “ALLOW,” you also understand and agree that the Content you are shown in this study may be confidential, the property of a third party and/or subject trademark or copyright laws and that you will not make screenshots, record or otherwise copy any of the Content or redistribute any of the Content of the study in any way.
Your privacy is important to us:
When you participate in research conducted by our firm, you can be assured that we will protect your privacy. This means that:
1) Your personally identifiable information that you provide to us and your individual survey responses (“Respondent Information”) will be treated as confidential information.
2) The Respondent Information you provide will be used only for research purposes and only on aggregated level – no personally identifiable information will be disclosed
3) While individual responses are confidential, aggregated data will be presented representing averages or generalizations about the responses and gaze patterns as a whole, i.e. we combine your survey responses and gaze data in a given survey with the responses of all others who participated in the same survey and report those combined responses to the client that commissioned the study.
4) All Respondent Information will be stored in a secure location accessible only as follows:
i) Your Respondent Information may be collected, stored and processed by us in accordance with our privacy policies.
ii) Your Respondent Information may be collected, stored or processed by our affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers, both within and outside the USA. They are contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us or we collect and disclose to them confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are equivalent to our own.
5) In addition to keeping your Respondent Information confidential, we will never sell, share, rent or otherwise intentionally transfer your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to our clients, other market research companies, direct marketing companies or anyone else.
6) We will never try to sell you anything and we will never sell your personally identifiable data to anyone. That is not our business. We are not telemarketers or direct marketers. We are market researchers interested only in your opinions and behavior.
7) Your decisions about participating in this study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
We do not maintain information related to children:
We do not solicit or obtain surveys from people under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will take steps to remove such information.
What we will do on a sale or with respect to legal compliance:
(a) Upon the sale of all or substantially all of our assets, we reserve the right to transfer the Respondent Information to the purchaser.
(b) We will share all or part of the Respondent Information if we have a good faith belief that: (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the terms and conditions related to our surveys, including any investigation of potential violations thereof or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect our and our clients’ rights.
Questions about the Study?
If you have questions or concerns about your participation in this study, or after its completion, please contact: email@example.com.